Healthy Fruits Of The Forest Yoghurt Compote Recipe
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- 1 250g punnet strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla or berry low-fat yoghurt
- 3 tbs flaked almonds, roughly chopped
- Place mixed berries or blueberries into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, gently stirring until berries soften, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through strawberries. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes, longer if time permits.
- Divide half the berry mixture between two glasses.
- Top with layers of yoghurt, remaining berries then yoghurt.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and serve.
Variation: Heat berries for 2 minutes once strawberries have been added and serve on 4 slices of raisin toast or fruit bread.
Serving Suggestion: This can also be served as a dessert, presented in a decorative long-stemmed glass.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1458 kJ||352 kJ|
|Protein||16.3 g||3.9 g|
|Fat, total||12 g||2.9 g|
|— saturated||1.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||39.3 g||9.5 g|
|— sugars||39.4 g||9.3 g|
|Sodium||136.6 mg||33 mg|
|Fibre||6.6 g||1.6 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!