Healthy Spinach Pumpkin & Cheese Cannelloni Recipe
- 1 kg Japanese, Kent or butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 250 g frozen spinach, chopped
- 500 g reduced-fat ricotta or low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 375 g fresh lasagne sheets (10 x 16cm)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella or cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Place frozen spinach into a microwave safe bowl and cook on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes before setting aside.
- Steam or microwave pumpkin with a bit of water for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Squeeze handfuls of cooked spinach to remove excess liquid and add to a large bowl with garlic and ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Drain and mash cooked pumpkin. Add pumpkin to cheese spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread 1/3 cup of tinned tomatoes over the base of a large 3cm deep rectangular 20x30cm ovenproof dish.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of pumpkin mixture lengthways into the middle of each lasagne sheet and roll up to enclose.
- Arrange cannelloni in a single layer close together seam side down in the dish. Sprinkle with basil, spread over remaining tomatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cover with foil to prevent burning and cook for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with a green salad.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1253 kJ||369 kJ|
|Protein||21.6 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||10.3 g||3 g|
|— saturated||6.1 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.7 g||7.8 g|
|— sugars||9 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||364.3 mg||107.2 mg|
|Fibre||6.5 g||1.9 g|