Healthy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 x 400 g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre.
- Combine garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne in a 3-cup capacity container with a lid or large ziplock bag; set aside.
- Spray chickpeas with an even coating of oil then use the baking paper to transfer them into the container with spice mix.
- Replace the lid or seal bag and shake to coat chickpeas with spices.
- Serve immediately or allow chickpeas to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Use these crunchy chickpeas as an alternative to nuts to top salads.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
You might also like
Tzatziki is a Greek yoghurt-based dip, which can also be used as a sauce or salad dressing.
Quick corn pikelets
These golden pikelets are easy to whip up and are great with all kinds of added vegies and spices.