Healthy Roasted Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 medium potatoes , skin on, chopped into 3 cm chunks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, optional
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C and cover a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and potatoes on the tray, add the oil and pepper and mix around so they are all coated. If using garlic, wrap in foil and add to the tray. Roast for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft in the middle and browning on the outside. Take out of the oven to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and roasted garlic (if using). Add the celery, spring onions and baby spinach.
- Once the potatoes and sweet potatoes have cooled, add to the other ingredients and mix well.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1100 kJ||477 kJ|
|Protein||5 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||12 g||5 g|
|— saturated||0.9 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||30 g||13 g|
|— sugars||6 g||3 g|
|Sodium||187 mg||81 mg|
|Fibre||5 g||2 g|