Healthy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 120 g spaghetti or other pasta
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 200 g lean beef mince
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/3 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Spray a frying pan with oil.
- Gently cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Turn up the heat and add the mince and cooked till browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium, add in celery and carrot and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and herbs to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes with a lid on, then stir, remove lid and cook for 5-10 minutes to thicken up.
- Top spaghetti with the bolognaise sauce and a sprinkle of cheese.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2135 kJ||388 kJ|
|Protein||35 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||15 g||3 g|
|— saturated||7 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||51 g||9 g|
|— sugars||14 g||3 g|
|Sodium||462 mg||84 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|
You might also like
Five-Spice Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash
Asian-inspired tender baked pork served with mash and colourful vegetables.
Mexican Mince - Nachos Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!