Healthy Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe
- 6 slices raisin toast or fruit bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Cut slices of raisin bread in half (two triangles) and then layer in baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, sugar, milk, mashed banana, grated apple and vanilla essence.
- Pour mixture over the bread and sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||829 kJ||517 kJ|
|Protein||9.6 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||5.2 g||3.2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.8 g||17.3 g|
|— sugars||18.2 g||11.3 g|
|Sodium||144 mg||90 mg|
|Fibre||1.6 g||1 g|