Healthy Nectarine & Berry Salad Recipe
- 4 nectarines, stoned and sliced
- 250 g strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, stalks removed
- 250 mL orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- Toss fruit and mint together.
- Combine orange juice, vanilla essence and caster sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase temperature and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour dressing over fruit and chill. Serve cold.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Use canned peaches if nectarines are not in season.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or yoghurt.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||322 kJ||169 kJ|
|Protein||2.3 g||1.2 g|
|Fat, total||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.7 g||7.7 g|
|— sugars||14.7 g||7.7 g|
|Sodium||4.1 mg||2.1 mg|
|Fibre||2.9 g||1.5 g|