Healthy Simple Guacamole Recipe
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs coriander or parsley, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- chilli sauce, to taste
- Mash avocado and combine with tomato, garlic, lemon juice, onion and coriander.
- Season with pepper and enough chilli sauce to give a gentle ‘kick’.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||547 kJ||624 kJ|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.8 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||14.8 g|
|— saturated||2.9 g||3.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||1.2 g||1.3 g|
|— sugars||1.1 g||1.2 g|
|Sodium||5.4 mg||6.2 mg|
|Fibre||2.1 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Quick corn pikelets
These golden pikelets are easy to whip up and are great with all kinds of added vegies and spices.
Warm Broccoli Dip
Great with vegetable sticks and crackers, this healthy dip is a real crowd pleaser!