Healthy Eggplant Dip Recipe
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini paste
- pinch ground cumin
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Place whole eggplant onto a baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Cool and spoon out the flesh, removing juices with a paper towel.
- Mash with garlic, salt, lemon juice, tahini and cumin.
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate before serving.
The eggplant can be grilled whole on the barbecue, turning frequently until soft.The dip will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||395 kJ||341 kJ|
|Protein||3.4 g||2.9 g|
|Fat, total||6.6 g||5.7 g|
|— saturated||0.9 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.5 g||3 g|
|— sugars||3.3 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||212 mg||183 mg|
|Fibre||4.2 g||3.6 g|
You might also like
Warm Broccoli Dip
Great with vegetable sticks and crackers, this healthy dip is a real crowd pleaser!
Tzatziki is a Greek yoghurt-based dip, which can also be used as a sauce or salad dressing.