Healthy Ruby Zinger Recipe
- 1/4 cup canned beetroot pieces, drained
- 1 slice fresh ginger, about the size of a 5 cent coin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice, cold
- 1 1/2 cups soda water, cold
- Add beetroot, ginger and apple juice to a blender or jug that can be used with a stick blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Just before serving, divide into glasses (strain if desired) and top with ¾ cup of soda water per glass.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||127 kJ||46 kJ|
|Protein||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Fat, total||0 g||0 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.7 g||2.4 g|
|— sugars||6.6 g||2.4 g|
|Sodium||76 mg||27 mg|
|Fibre||1 g||0.4 g|
You might also like
Quick corn pikelets
These golden pikelets are easy to whip up and are great with all kinds of added vegies and spices.