Healthy Apricot Custard Flan Recipe
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 825 g canned apricots in natural juice, drained
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spray a 22cm diameter shallow ovenproof dish with oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Place apricots with cut side down into dish, then pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until custard is set.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You can put the ingredients for the custard batter into a blender jug or food processor bowl and process for 30 seconds.
Variation: Use 600g of any kind of fresh seasonal fruit or canned fruit (drained of natural juice) including peaches, plums, pears, apples, pitted cherries or frozen berries.
Serving Suggestion: Alternatively bake individual servings in four small 1-cup capacity ovenproof dishes for 25 minutes.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||756 kJ||366 kJ|
|Protein||7.7 g||3.7 g|
|Fat, total||4.3 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||1.6 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.8 g||12.5 g|
|— sugars||18.2 g||8.8 g|
|Sodium||56.5 mg||27.4 mg|
|Fibre||4 g||2 g|