Healthy Banana & Pear Muffins Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 mL low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 170 °C. Lightly spray muffin trays with oil.
- Sift flours, returning husk from wholemeal flour to the bowl, add brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, yoghurt and juice.
- Combine with the flour mix and fold through fruit and milk (you may need less milk depending on moisture in fruit). Do not over-mix.
- Spoon mixture into trays. Bake near the top of the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Wrap muffins individually and freeze for a lunch box snack.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Any 100% fruit juice can be used.
- Use apples, blueberries or other firm fruit to vary the flavour.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||537 kJ||862 kJ|
|Protein||3.8 g||6.1 g|
|Fat, total||0.9 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.2 g||40.4 g|
|— sugars||8.9 g||14.3 g|
|Sodium||170.1 mg||272.9 mg|
|Fibre||2.1 g||3.4 g|