Healthy Stir Fry Noodles Recipe
- fresh or dried noodles
- olive or canola oil spray
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, sliced, optional
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 400 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- spring onions (including green tops), sliced, optional
- bean sprouts, optional
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Spray a wok or large non-stick frypan with oil and heat. Add half the egg and swirl to form a thin omelette. Remove omelette from pan, roll up and cut into thin slices. Set aside and repeat with remaining egg.
- Spray pan with oil and place on high heat. Stir-fry onion until soft. Add garlic and chilli and cook for another couple of minutes, until soft.
- Add cabbage, capsicum, carrots, corn and sauces. Cook until vegetables are just tender.
- In bowls divide up the noodles, vegie mix and omelette. Top with spring onions and beansprouts if you like.
Comment: Use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables to save on chopping time.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1295 kJ||334 kJ|
|Protein||15.3 g||3.9 g|
|Fat, total||12.2 g||0 g|
|— saturated||3.5 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.9 g||8 g|
|— sugars||8.3 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||704 mg||182 mg|
|Fibre||7.2 g||1.8 g|