Healthy Sticky Tofu Noodles Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbs laksa paste
- 300 g firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp water
- 100 g rice noodles, to make 2 cups cooked
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Put the laksa paste, tofu cubes and water in a bowl and stir to coat the tofu.
- While tofu marinates, cook noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, and fry the laksa covered tofu pieces until golden (4-5 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pull the bok choy leaves apart, and wash well. Slice up the stems thinly and set aside the leaves. Cook the carrot, capsicum and bok choy stems on a high heat for 2 minutes, or until just soft.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice and vegetables to the pan and turn off the heat. Stir to cover the vegetables in sauce.
- Serve the noodles, tofu and vegetables in a bowl, pouring the pan juices over the top.
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2164 kJ||315 kJ|
|Protein||29 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||22 g||3 g|
|— saturated||4 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||42 g||6 g|
|— sugars||9 g||1 g|
|Sodium||1090 mg||159 mg|
|Fibre||17 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Pantry Pasta 3-2-1
This fast vegie spaghetti is made from pantry staples - perfect for a quick weeknight meal.