- 500 g chicken mince
- 100 g mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- a little flour to shape patties
- olive or canola oil spray
- 6 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls, cut open and spread with sweet chilli sauce
- 3 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Finely chop mushrooms, celery, onion and parsley or blitz in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix blitzed vegetables with chicken mince, soy sauce, egg and enough breadcrumbs to make a soft but manageable texture.
- Divide mixture into six and shape with a little flour into round patties larger than the width of the rolls.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve on a roll with lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Hint: Extra patties can be frozen and stored.
Variation: For a beef burger, substitute 500g lean minced beef for chicken.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||1880 kJ||675 kJ|
|Protein||30.5 g||11 g|
|Fat, total||11.5 g||4.1 g|
|— saturated||3.1 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.8 g||18.6 g|
|— sugars||6.2 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||745.7 mg||267.7 mg|
|Fibre||7.6 g||2.7 g|