Healthy Walnut Lentil Salad Recipe
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, shredded
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- Combine lentils, garlic, onion, spinach and feta in a mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, walnuts and dressing.
Make your own low-fat Italian dressing by mixing juice from ½ lemon with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little Dijon mustard.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Use 250g cooked green beans instead of spinach.
- Replace canned lentils with 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils. Always rinse lentils and pick out stones before cooking. Cook according to packet instructions. Be careful not to overcook as they will go mushy.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with roast pork loin or chicken.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||523 kJ||345 kJ|
|Protein||11.2 g||7.4 g|
|Fat, total||6.1 g||4 g|
|— saturated||2.6 g||1.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.9 g||3.2 g|
|— sugars||1.4 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||294.1 mg||194.1 mg|
|Fibre||3.1 g||2.1 g|