Healthy Banana Berry Pikelets Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat berry or vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- 2 cups strawberries or other berries, quartered, to serve
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Sift flour over bananas, adding the remaining husk in the sieve to the bowl.
- Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Add milk, vinegar and eggs to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and place over medium heat.
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter evenly spaced around the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on surface. Top each pikelet with 6 blueberries then carefully turn over. Brown on reverse side for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Divide pikelets between 4 serving plates.
- To serve, layer with spoonfuls of yoghurt and top with fresh fruit.
- Instead of using blueberries, press a thin ring of peeled, cored apple into each pikelet before flipping.
- Serve as a snack, in a lunchbox or at children’s parties.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1957 kJ||456 kJ|
|Protein||20 g||4.7 g|
|Fat, total||7.3 g||1.7 g|
|— saturated||2.3 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||74.9 g||17.5 g|
|— sugars||37.8 g||8.8 g|
|Sodium||470.4 mg||109.7 mg|
|Fibre||9.3 g||2.2 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!