Healthy Roasted Pumpkin & Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 100 g pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large iceberg lettuce leaf, torn into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Put pumpkin in a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice thinly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado with a fork. Spread avocado onto 2 slices of bread.
- Top the bread with carrot, lettuce and pumpkin.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1167 kJ||592 kJ|
|Protein||8 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||14 g||7 g|
|— saturated||3 g||2 g|
|Carbohydrate||26 g||13 g|
|— sugars||7 g||4 g|
|Sodium||247 mg||125 mg|
|Fibre||4 g||8 g|
You might also like
Sesame Brussel Sprouts
Don't let its reputation fool you, this is a delicious way to serve brussel sprouts!
Salsa is the Mexican word for sauce. This homemade version is a tasty way to add extra veg to meals!