Healthy Corn Noodle Cake Recipe
- 100 g angel hair pasta or spaghettini, broken into 5cm lengths
- 6 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 400 g can creamed corn
- 400 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- homemade salsa (chopped tomatoes, chilli and coriander) or green side salad, to serve
- Add pasta to a medium pot of boiling water. Cook for 6-8 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain then set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with black pepper then mix in creamed corn, kernels, spring onion, capsicum, coriander and pasta.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly spread around the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and firm. Flip noodle cake and brown on reverse side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and salad or salsa, if desired.
Egg rings can help mould your cakes into shape
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1804 kJ||334 kJ|
|Protein||20 g||3.7 g|
|Fat, total||13.6 g||2.5 g|
|— saturated||3.6 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.4 g||9.5 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||735.8 mg||136.5 mg|
|Fibre||11.2 g||2.1 g|