Spicy BBQ fish with mango salad
- 4 barramundi fillets (about 100g each)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut along core into two large cheeks
- olive or canola oil spray
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves , chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 natural yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin and ground turmeric into a shallow dish and mix well. Add fish fillets and turn to coat.
- Preheat BBQ grill to high. Lightly spray mango cheeks with oil. Cook until lightly charred on each side and set aside.
- Lightly spray the fish fillets with oil. Barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- For the salad, slice mango and combine in a bowl with spinach, avocado, coriander and lime juice.
- Serve fish with mango salad, yoghurt and lemon wedges.
**LIVELIGHTER SUMMER BBQ RECIPE COMPETITION FINALIST**
Submitted by Gemma Oberholzer of Djugun
- You can substitute the barramundi fillets for any firm white fish such as snapper, hake, ling, perch, mackerel, cod, seabass or coral trout.
- A drained can of mango in juice can be used instead of fresh mangoes. Pawpaw (papaya) can also be substituted.
- Bottled lime juice can also be used in place of a fresh lime.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||1301 kJ||433 kJ|
|Protein||27 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||15.6 g||5.2 g|
|— saturated||3.9 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.5 g||4.5 g|
|— sugars||13.1 g||4.4 g|
|Sodium||120 mg||40 mg|
|Fibre||3.7 g||1.2 g|