- 4 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- 1 spring onion (including green top), sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves, optional
- 4 small egg
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice off the top of each roll and scoop out the soft bread inside, leaving the bottom and sides of the roll intact. Arrange the rolls on the baking tray. Reserve the tops and middles.
- Divide the spring onion, tomato, mushroom and spinach between the rolls.
- Crack an egg into each roll. Season with pepper. Sprinkle the eggs with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are to your liking. Add the tops and middles during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1295 kJ||653 kJ|
|Protein||18.8 g||9.5 g|
|Fat, total||8.4 g||4.2 g|
|— saturated||2.9 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||36.4 g||18.3 g|
|— sugars||3.9 g||2 g|
|Sodium||567.8 mg||286.8 mg|
|Fibre||5.6 g||2.8 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!