Apple and peach pie
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 800 g canned peaches in natural juice, drained
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place apples in a microwave and oven proof dish and cover with a plate or cling film with holes in it. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Carefully remove the plate or cling-film as the steam will be hot.
- Add peaches to the oven-proof dish. Scrunch a sheet of filo pastry and arrange on top of the dish. Repeat with the rest of the filo sheets until the whole top of the dish is covered.
- Lightly spray the pastry with oil, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crispy.
Variation: This recipe works for any fresh, frozen or canned fruit. A scrunched up filo topping is also a great option for savoury pies.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||1169 kJ||478 kJ|
|Protein||4.9 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||2.4 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||47.3 g||19.4 g|
|— sugars||25.9 g||10.6 g|
|Sodium||239.4 mg||98 mg|
|Fibre||5.8 g||2.4 g|