Healthy Quick Tuna Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernel, defrosted
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato
- 180 g tuna in spring water
- Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and stir through lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients and serve straight away.
- Use cans of flavoured tuna to add extra zing.
- Add curry powder or other spices to the couscous before adding the boiling water for a different flavour.
Comment: If only eating one serving, only add half the tuna to half the couscous. Add the rest of the tuna to the salad just before eating to avoid gluggly couscous.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2126 kJ||398 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||14 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||410 mg||76 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|