- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally
Spoon the Mexican Mince onto a slice of wholemeal or multigrain bread and top with a little grated reduced-fat cheese and another slice of bread. Cook in a sandwich press or the oven until the cheese is melted and bread is crunchy.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
You might also like
Lamb Tagine with Couscous 3-2-1
Tender lamb and sweet apricots are a perfect match in this hearty stew.