Hunting for a healthier Easter?
by Anne Finch, Accredited Practising Dietitian for LiveLighter
- April 12, 2017
- Leave a comment
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Top Tips
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Smart Swaps
- Things To Do
If you’re on the hunt for a healthier Easter we recommend getting your whole mob active and including some fruit and vegies in your feasts. Remember to eat your treats mindfully, and make the most of the long weekend.
The LiveLighter team wishes you have a safe and hoppy break!
Live Lighter’s top Easter tips:
1. Get up and moving
Turn the Easter egg hunt into a scavenger hunt! Keep it simple and follow some bunny footprints, or go all out with rhyming clues. Maybe the Easter bunny left something for you at your local park, rec centre or out bush?
2. Focus on an egg theme, rather than a chocolate theme
3. Home-made chocolate treats
Choose a nutritious base, with a little flourish of chocolate – a little goes a long way! There will be plenty of helpers to lick the bowl, but beware this can get messy!
- Fruit dipped in chocolate (strawberries and banana slices are always a winner!)
- Chocolate drizzled popcorn or roasted nuts
- Banana muffins with some chocolate chips
- Trail mix that includes some chocolate covered dried fruit or nuts
- Homemade chocolate milk powder (milk powder + cocoa + cinnamon)
4. Non-chocolate Easter treat ideas
- A family outing to the park, pool or a bike ride
- Pens, pencils, stickers and other stationery items
- Temporary tattoos, toy cars or chicks, hair clips or balloons
- A bunch of the Easter bunny’s favourite baby carrots, wrapped in a bow (only recommended for people with a sense of humour!)
5. Add some colour to your weekend
For more ideas about how to make family time healthy and active, visit https://livelighter.com.au/LiveLighter-for-Families/Out-and-About/