Healthy Mexican Mince - Loaded Potato Style Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally
Spoon Mexican Mince onto cooked potato. Cut an X halfway through the cooked potatoes and top with Mexican Mince. Finish with a little reduced-fat cheese, low-fat plain yoghurt, spring onions and chilli flakes.
To cook potato:
Prick potato (leave the skin on) all over with a fork and wrap in aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 220°C
Prick potato (leave the skin on) all over with a fork. Put in a microwave safe container and cook for 5 minutes on HIGH (100%). Flip over and microwave for another 5 minutes. If still hard in the middle, microwave for a minute at a time, till soft.
You might also like
Moroccan Beef with Couscous
You'll love this new take on steak, inspired by the exotic tastes of Northern Africa.
Rosemary Lamb with Sicilian Vegetables
Succulent lamb on vegetable stew – a hearty meal for a cold winter’s night.
Beef & Bean Burrito
A vegie-packed beef con carne burrito - a fun, family dinner that the kids will love!