Cook from the heart this Valentine's Day
by Clare O'Shea, Media and Communications Officer
- February 13, 2018
- Leave a comment
This Valentine’s Day skip the hassle of finding the perfect restaurant. It’s time to get loved up at home and cook for that special someone from the bottom of your heart. After all, nothing says ‘I love you’ like a tasty home-cooked meal … especially one that’s healthy.
Our Valentine’s Day meal ideas are not only quick and easy but also nutritious and delicious! Take your pick from our recipe selection:
Start the day right - treat your love (and yourself of course!) to breakfast in bed:
- Shakshuka: Pan Baked Eggs
- This hearty Middle Eastern breakfast is sure to warm up your Valentine’s heart.
- Fruity mix toast topper
- On the plate in 5 minutes and oh-so visually appealing. This little beauty also gets you one step closer to your recommended daily fruit intake!
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Woo your Valentine with a café-quality meal full of nutritious veggies.
Turn up the heat with some spicy seafood:
- Try our Prawn jambalaya – a healthy main meal that’s guaranteed to impress your loved one. Not a prawn fan? That’s ok! This recipe is very easy to adjust with fish, chicken or even pork.
- Spaghetti with chilli crab
- Pasta lovers rejoice! Spaghetti and crab… talk about love at first bite.
- Want to nail a dinner that will make your lover’s heart sing? Look no further than our spicy BBQ fish with mango salad. It’s full of punchy, fresh flavour!
Love each other, but not seafood? Here’s something for the veggie lovers:
- Stuffed sweet potato
- Your Valentine’s heart and tummy are guaranteed to be full of love after eating this wholesome meal
- Pumpkin, spinach and cheese cannelloni
- Packed full of pumpkin and spinach - you can’t go wrong with this dish!
Colour your partner’s Valentine’s Day with one of our fruitful desserts:
- Celebrate love and the best of summer fruit - serve up our Honey pannacotta with tropical fruit salsa or Tropical fruit delight.
- Make the most of summer berries with our Rosewater berry mousse. A lovely, light way to finish the evening.